Reports to: Manager, Arts Services
Job type: Part-time, $13/hour
Start Date: Fall 2019 (September – December)
The Arts & Business Council of Chicago (A&BC) is a nonprofit organization that facilitates partnerships to enhance the management capacity of over 200 arts organizations in the Chicagoland area each year, while promoting leadership development opportunities for business professionals through skills-based volunteering. A&BC prides itself on contributing to Chicago’s creative economy by linking the culture and commerce of Chicago.
The Programs Department oversees the key components of A&BC’s mission. The Programs Intern will assist with all aspects of planning and managing programs including Business Volunteers for the Arts, our pro bono management consulting program; On BOARD, our board training program; and our Learning Lab series. The Programs Intern will gain an understanding of the arts and cultural landscape in the Chicagoland area and the fundamentals of how nonprofit organizations operate.
Responsibilities may include:
- Supporting meetings and interactions with arts clients and business volunteers
- Compiling data for program implementation, program evaluation, and grant reporting
- Analyzing program evaluations to develop new strategies for growth, retention, and recruitment
- Updating records in company Salesforce database
- Supporting event planning and staffing (occasional weekend availability needed)
- Collaborating on content creation and scheduling for social media, website, and e-mail marketing
- Gathering and analyzing social media data
- Providing general administrative tasks
- Managing self-directed special projects based on interests and skills of the intern
- Current college student or recent college graduate with an interest in arts administration or business
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Ability to prioritize urgent and important tasks, flexible and adaptable, receptive to feedback
- Ability to work well independently
- Strong communication skills, energy and confidence
- Experience with MailChimp, Salesforce, and WordPress a plus
- Thrives in a co-working environment
Schedule: Flexible, 15-20 hours/week
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume with “Programs Internship Application ‑ [Insert Name]” in the subject line to Braden Cleary at email@example.com.
The Arts & Business Council of Chicago commits to championing policies and practices of racial equity that empower a just and creative Chicago. To contribute to real change, the Arts & Business Council of Chicago will raise questions of racial equity among our stakeholders and support change in our organization and in the arts and culture sector at large. The Arts & Business Council of Chicago encourages our partners to join us as we listen, learn, and grow. We are committed to removing barriers that are faced by equity-seeking groups. Members of these groups are encouraged (but are not required) to self-identify as such in their cover letters and asked to describe the unique perspective this identity provides for this role.