Business Volunteers for the Arts®
Business Volunteers for the Arts® (BVA) recruits skilled Chicagoans, trains them in nonprofit practice, and matches them with arts, cultural, and creative organizations in need of assistance. Our consultants are thoroughly vetted, highly-qualified individuals who have subject-matter expertise and a demonstrated commitment to the arts.
Are You Ready for a Project?
Consultants work in groups of 2-4 and lend their abilities in a variety of business-related project areas, including:
- Business Planning
- Communications Planning (Marketing, Public Relations & Branding)
- Data Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Human Resources
- Market Research
- Retreat Facilitations
- Strategic Planning
Service areas not currently offered: Fundraising, legal, graphic design, information technology, and board recruitment planning.
Time commitment is dependent on the nature of the project with most projects lasting between 2-6 months. Clients and consultants agree on an anticipated completion date–as well as outcome–prior to the project start.
Submitting a Project Proposal
In alignment with the our evolving racial equity focus, we are implementing a competitive project selection process. We will accept project proposals for review twice a year. Up to 5 projects will be selected each round.
When reviewing proposals, we will take into consideration: the population and geographic area(s) that your organization serves, the racial and gender composition of your organization’s leadership, and how your project fits in with the existing project portfolio as well as the other proposals submitted.
Project Proposal Deadlines:
- Round 1: May 1, 2020 (Applications open March 1)
- Projects will launch in July or August.
- Round 2: October 1, 2020 (Applications open August 1)
- Projects will launch in January or February.
- We require that you be an active A&BC client before applying for a BVA project. A&BC is not accepting new clients at this time.
- Organizations must have proof of General Liability insurance coverage to participate in BVA.
|Your Annual Budget||Project Fee|
|$500,000 – 1,000,000||$450|
|$1,000,000 – 1,500,000||$550|
|$1,500,000 – 2,500,000||$950|
For more information, email Noemi Garcia at email@example.com or call 312.372.1876 ext. 103.