On BOARD is the Arts & Business Council of Chicago’s (A&BC) unique program that provides organizations with the opportunity to meet with qualified and trained individuals who are ready to engage as active board members.
We recruit passionate individuals who want to make a difference in their community. They attend training that covers the major aspects of board service and how to be effective ambassadors. The goal is to match with an individual, who will then go on to serve on your board of directors.
We offer the On BOARD program twice a year:
- Winter session runs February – May
- Fall session runs September – January
If your organization is accepted, you are required to attend the Meet the Boards networking event. You will meet the individuals in the program at this event. These events are on Wednesdays from 5:30-8pm in downtown Chicago.
Meet the Boards Dates
- Winter: February 13 – Application deadline is Jan 11
- Fall: September 25 – Application deadline is Aug 23
- Active A&BC client
- General Liability insurance (required starting January 1, 2019)
- Directors & Officers insurance (required starting January 1, 2019)
- Up-to-date board member expectations sheet
- 2 or more non-founding, non-staff board members
- Programming during the first 2-3 months of the program
- Must provide comp tickets to events during the program
- Regular board meeting schedule
Currently an A&BC client and ready to submit your On BOARD application?
Become a client by completing a New Client Application! If you are not sure of your client status, please contact Noemi Garcia.
The program fee is nonrefundable and not dependent on you matching with an individual.
|Organization’s Annual Budget||Participation Fee|
|$450,000 – $850,000||$550|
For more information about the On BOARD program, please contact On BOARD Director Noemi Garcia at email@example.com or 312-372-1876 x103.