On BOARD® is the Arts & Business Council of Chicago’s unique board governance and leadership training program that recruits passionate, skilled Chicagoans who want to make a difference in their community. They attend training that covers the major aspects of board service and learn how to be effective ambassadors. Individuals who participate in the On BOARD® Labs demonstrate an understanding and commitment to upholding high standards of nonprofit board governance.
As a participant you can expect to:
- Take part in leadership development training (On BOARD® Labs);
- Expand and strengthen your skillset to include strategy, influence, negotiation, conflict resolution, and creative decision-making;
- Join a dynamic network of arts, cultural, creative, and business leaders;
- Immerse yourself in Chicago’s neighborhoods and better understand the issues affecting our communities; and
- Learn how to champion to our city’s creative economy.
Who Should Participate?
Participants come from range of backgrounds and many vocational, academic, and lived experiences. Join On BOARD® if you are an:
- Individual seeking a volunteer, nonprofit board position;
- Experienced nonprofit board leader; or
- A board member anticipating your first officer position.
How It Works
On BOARD® is available as a full program (six On BOARD® Labs) or individual training sessions delivered in a webinar format.
For more information, email Braden Cleary at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.372.1876 ext. 105.
The Arts & Business Council of Chicago (A&BC) reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule any training for which registrants will receive a full refund. Full refunds may be issued if a cancellation request is made within 5 business days of purchase date. No refunds are issued for cancellations within 72 hours of the training. No refunds will be issued for “no shows.”
In the event of a registered individual’s cancellation for individual trainings, A&BC will retain an administrative fee of 30% of the cost of the training.
If you cannot attend a training, you may be issued a credit equal to the value of the registration fee to be used towards a future board training. The credit must be used within one year of purchase or the credit is forfeited. This allows A&BC to plan for event capacity and keep costs affordable.