On BOARD® is a training program preparing Chicagoans for effective board leadership within arts, cultural, and creative organizations. We equip you with the knowledge, strategies, and tools needed to effectively lead our city’s nonprofits!
As a participant you can expect to:
- Take part in leadership development training (On BOARD® Labs);
- Expand and strengthen your skillset to include strategy, influence, negotiation, conflict resolution, and creative decision-making;
- Join a dynamic network of arts, cultural, creative, and business leaders;
- Immerse yourself in Chicago’s neighborhoods and better understand the issues affecting our communities; and
- Learn how to champion to our city’s creative economy.
Who Should Participate?
Participants come from range of backgrounds and many vocational, academic, and lived experiences. Join On BOARD® if you are an:
- Individual seeking a volunteer, nonprofit board position;
- Experienced nonprofit board leader; or
- A board member anticipating your first officer position.
How It Works
On BOARD® is available as a full program (six On BOARD® Labs) or individual training sessions delivered in a webinar format.
On BOARD® Curriculum
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arts & Business Council of Chicago (A&BC) reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule any training for which registrants will receive a full refund. Full refunds may be issued if a cancellation request is made within 5 business days of purchase date. No refunds are issued for cancellations within 72 hours of the training. No refunds will be issued for “no shows.”
In the event of a registered individual’s cancellation for individual trainings, A&BC will retain an administrative fee of 30% of the cost of the training.