Eight new consultants joined Business Volunteers for the Arts® (BVA) this Spring at Teamwork Englewood – a community development organization working to facilitate economic, education, and social opportunities for Englewood residents. Their training session, held Saturday, April 20, 2019, served as a pilot for future place-based orientations and opportunity to convene new volunteers outside the Chicago Loop.
This year’s Spring class includes creative practitioners, arts administrators, and individuals from the private sector. Skills and business disciplines represented include accounting, finance, communications, data analytics, strategic planning, business planning, and organizational management.
Please join us in welcoming our new volunteers!
Gold Eagle Co
Deccan Footprints Studio
Noah Tyler White
Business Volunteers for the Arts® (BVA) has served Chicago, since 1985, by connecting skilled individuals with nonprofits in need of strategic counsel. The program strives to:
- Help nonprofits improve their operational and management practices;
- Deliver high-caliber, pro bono consulting services that might otherwise be unavailable to communities;
- Create rewarding opportunities for individuals wishing to contribute to Chicago’s culture and commerce; and
- Exemplify the reciprocal relationship between the private sector and the arts, forging creative partnerships and connections.
Chicago’s nonprofits need YOU! To learn more about this program, click here.
Four orientations are held each year, on Saturdays, between 9:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Our Next Orientation: Saturday, July 27, 2019
- Application Deadline: Sunday, July 7, 2019
Have a question? Email Kenneth Franco at email@example.com or call 312.372.1876 ext. 102.
Active A&BC clients can participate in this program—and work with our volunteer consultants—by submitting a BVA Project Proposal. Are you new to A&BC’s programs and services? Become a client by completing a New Client Application. Both project proposals and applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information, email Braden Cleary at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.372.1876 ext. 105.