On BOARD® is the Arts & Business Council of Chicago’s unique board governance and leadership training program that prepares individuals who are ready to engage as active board members of arts, cultural, and creative nonprofit organizations. Individuals who successfully complete the full program demonstrate an understanding and commitment to upholding high standards of nonprofit board governance.
Arts Advocacy for the Nonprofit Board Member is part 6 of 6 in the full On BOARD® curriculum. To register for the full program session, click here.
- The definition of advocacy as it relates to board members
- Differences between advocacy and lobbying and the do’s and do not’s for board members
- Deep dives into current events and cultural policy issues at the local, state, and federal levels
- Examples include COVID-19 relief, tax policy that affects artists and arts organizations, immigration, and more
- The impact of the 2020 election on cultural policy
- How to be a champion for arts, culture, and creativity
Presenter: Jonathan VanderBrug / Deputy Director – Civic Engagement / Arts Alliance Illinois
Price: $35 – Nonprofit and public sector employees use code NPO20 for $10 discount