On BOARD® is the Arts & Business Council of Chicago’s unique board governance and leadership training program that prepares individuals who are ready to engage as active board members of arts, cultural, and creative nonprofit organizations. Individuals who successfully complete the full program demonstrate an understanding and commitment to upholding high standards of nonprofit board governance.
Nonprofit Board Committee Structures & Strategic Planning is part 3 of 6 in the full On BOARD® curriculum. To register for the full program session, click here.
- An exploration of typical standing and ad hoc committees on a board of directors
- Appropriate times to form a committee and signs that a committee isn’t a good choice
- Non-governing boards and their relationships to the board of directors and the organization
- Auxiliary boards, associate boards, junior boards, advisory boards
- Defining key vocabulary terms for strategic planning
- Advantages of creating and using a strategic plan
- How to approach the strategic planning process and the board’s critical role in planning
Presenter: Braden Cleary / Director of Arts Services / Arts & Business Council of Chicago
Cris Beilstein / Consultant / Elevation Collaborative
Price: $35 – Nonprofit and public sector employees use code NPO20 for $10 discount