On BOARD® is the Arts & Business Council of Chicago’s unique board governance and leadership training program that prepares individuals who are ready to engage as active board members of arts, cultural, and creative nonprofit organizations. Individuals who successfully complete the full program demonstrate an understanding and commitment to upholding high standards of nonprofit board governance.
Nonprofit Finances, Budgeting, & Tax Issues is part 3 of 6 in the full On BOARD® curriculum. To register for the full program session, click here.
- Financial oversight; policy creation and compliance; and safeguarding of assets
- Policies: conflict of interest, whistleblower, document retention & destruction, executive compensation, etc.
- Achieving financial accountability
- What occurs during an audit and when you need one
- Managing cash flow at a nonprofit organization
- Taxes including payroll, UBIT, and recent changes to GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles)
- Maintaining nonprofit status through tax compliance
- Filing with the IRS and other government entities
Presenter: Megan Angle / Partner / Porte Brown Accountants and Advisors