On BOARD® is the Arts & Business Council of Chicago’s unique board governance and leadership training program that prepares individuals who are ready to engage as active board members of arts, cultural, and creative nonprofit organizations. Individuals who successfully complete the full program demonstrate an understanding and commitment to upholding high standards of nonprofit board governance.
Arts Organization Structures & Board Responsibilities is part 1 of 6 in the full On BOARD® curriculum. To register for the full program session, click here.
- Structures of arts and cultural organizations and their boards
- Phases of development of nonprofit organizations, from the founding board to the working board and the governing board
- Analysis of the board’s role in planning, governance, staffing & structure, income generation, audience development & marketing, financial management, and facilities management
- Expectations of board contributions of time, talent, and treasure
- Relationship between the board and staff, and challenges posed by staffing and board transitions
Presenter: Braden Cleary / Director of Arts Services / Arts & Business Council of Chicago
Price: $35 – Nonprofit and public sector employees use code NPO20 for $10 discount