At the Arts & Business Council of Chicago, we are creating a world where creativity is universally valued as a resource with limitless potential for social and economic impact. We are an arts service organization focused on serving Chicago’s cultural workers and enterprises through consulting, programming, and mentorship to ensure community vitality and an equitable creative economy.
One of the ways in which we fulfill our mission is through On BOARD®, the Arts & Business Council of Chicago’s unique board governance and leadership learning program. Throughout six sessions, we prepare individuals ready to engage as active board members of arts, cultural, and creative nonprofit organizations to understand and own their role as board members successfully.
On BOARD®: Demystifying Fundraising & Designing Inclusive Fundraising Practices
One of the many responsibilities of Board Members is to leverage their strengths to engage donors and supporters. But asking for money and advocating for the support of an organization is scary – for new and existing Board Members. In this interactive Learning Lab, you’ll get to know where the money comes from and gain practical know-how on how you will be expected to fundraise and activate your networks.
Participants will learn:
- The board’s role in fundraising
- The primary uses of funding board members can solicit from their networks
- Principles of designing your organization’s strategic fundraising engagement process
- Tactics for creating a compelling case for support that board members can use to solicit support and advocate for your organization
- How to develop a culture of philanthropy that is intentional and inclusive
Content Expert: TBD
Questions about this event?
Email Constanza Mendoza, A&BC’s Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org