February 15, 2021 @ 11:30 am – 1:00 pm
On BOARD® is the Arts & Business Council of Chicago’s unique board governance and leadership training program that prepares individuals who are ready to engage as active board members of arts, cultural, and creative nonprofit organizations. Individuals who participate in the On BOARD® Labs demonstrate an understanding and commitment to upholding high standards of nonprofit board governance.
Topics in Arts Organization Structures & Board Responsibilities include:
- Structures of arts and cultural organizations and their boards
- Phases of development of nonprofit organizations, from the founding board to the working board and the governing board
- Analysis of the board’s role in planning, governance, staffing & structure, income generation, audience development & marketing, financial management, and facilities management
- Expectations of board contributions of time, talent, and treasure
- Using committees and non-governing boards to amplify the work of your organization
Presenter: Braden Cleary / Director of Arts Services / Arts & Business Council of Chicago
Fill out my online form.