Each A&BC relationship begins with an intake meeting between staff and the Arts Partner senior leadership. In 2015, FMC expressed needs to support its mission and vision that included establishing a marketing plan with branding and web strategy, staff and board development and recruitment plans, and a strategic plan with review of their mission and vision statements.
Through several conversations with A&BC staff, FMC decided upon a sequenced capacity building plan, that included attending several A&BC Learning Labs and On Board® workshops, and engaging in our Business Volunteers for the Arts® (BVA) program.
Over the past 6 years, FMC and A&BC, have partnered on 5 BVA Projects including:
- 2015 HR Plan -valued at $18,000/ 120 volunteer hrs; cost to FMC $250
- 2016 Strategic Plan- valued at $31,425/ 210 vol. hrs; cost to FMC $250
- 2017 Board development plan- valued at $31,950/ 213 vol. hrs; cost to FMC $250
- 2018 Facilitated board retreat- valued at $5,850/ 39 vol. hrs; cost to FMC $250
- 2020 Strategic Plan- valued at $35,175/ 235 vol. hrs; cost to FMC $450
Total value of capacity building (2015-2021) to FMC $122,400
Total Cost to FMC- $1,450