In its 2020 request for an updated Strategic Plan, FMC expressed the desired goals of the project to specifically address Board Governance, Audience Development, Human Resource Development, and Income.
Four volunteers worked on a Team for 8 months throughout 2020, to produce a strategic plan that outlines specific initiatives for each strategic objective to:
- Increase the amount of programming in schools
- Acquire and cultivate new donor types
- Implement a multi-dimensional marketing strategy
- Cultivate a strong and committed board
- Diversify revenue
Upon conclusion of the 2020 Strategic Planning BVA Project, FMC reported the project helped enhance:
- leadership team’s ability to make good decisions & use data to inform decisions
- systems that support operational efficiency
- resiliency (ability to adapt to changes in the environment)
- ongoing ability to build and sustain capacity without outside help
Two years later, FMC reports it is expanding its Saturday and in/ after school programming; individual giving has significantly increased; added 1 FT Programs Coordinator, with a current open FT opportunity for a Development Manager; recruited 4 board prospects to join its board in March 2022, with 2 A&BC On BOARD® matches continuing to serve as Treasurer and Chair of the Development Committee; enhanced its social media and messaging; and realigned the role of the Executive Director to spend less time in the classroom in order to dedicate more time meeting with board and staff as part of FMC’s succession planning.